Time to make some pesto! Garlic Scape Pesto is a fresh and delicious take on pesto. Easy to make, it is great as a dip, spread or on pasta. This is also a nut free recipe using sunflower seeds.
- 6 garlic scapes, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Asiago, Romano, or other hard cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the garlic scapes, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and sunflower seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture. Blend until the pesto is a brilliant green color and smooth in texture. Season with salt and pepper.